The Destination Wedding Planner Ace Awards aims to celebrate and reward excellence in luxury wedding and wedding tourism industry through its annual awards programme- The DWP Ace Awards. It recognizes the significant efforts of the extraordinary talents of international wedding planners and suppliers who have their commitment towards innovation and creativity in the luxury wedding and destination wedding space.
This year, a number of amazing African wedding vendors were nominated for different awards. See the list of the vendors and the category in which they were nominated:
For the DWP Ace Planner Award- Domestic (Africa)
This award honors a celebrated wedding planner who has been planning amazing destination weddings in their own country and has made a significant contribution to promoting weddings in the destination/country they are based in their country.
The nominees here are:
- Wedding Concepts, South Africa
- Omega Events, Nigeria
- Decarma, Egypt
- Trendy Bee, Nigeria
Bisola of Trendy bee Events
- Aleit Weddings, South Africa
DWP Ace Planner Award- Globetrotter (Africa)
This award honours a celebrated wedding planner who has been planning amazing destination weddings outside their country and has made a significant contribution to promoting weddings in the destination/country they are doing weddings in.
- Zapphaire Events, Nigeria
Funke Bucknor of Zapphaire Events
2. Prive Luxury Events, Nigeria
3. Sara O Events, Nigeria
DWP Ace Wedding Property of the Year Award (Africa)
This award recognizes the leading properties across the globe – Hotels, Venues, Chateaus or Villas, that caters to weddings, immersing the client in the destination.
- Lanzerac Hotel & Spa, South Africa
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, Seychelles
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, Seychelles
- Bk Event OI- Sugar Beach Hotel, Mauritius
- Hilton Alexandria King’s Ranch, Egypt
- Selman Marrakech, Morocco
- Lux* Belle Mare, Mauritius
- Long Beach, Mauritius
- Shangri-la’s le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius.
See the full list and vote, click here.